Friends Don't Let Friends Skip Leg Day

Leg day is infamous in the world of gym-goers. Essentially it is the worst day ever. The trials and tribulations of leg day are awful, but what is even worse is that not participating in leg day is just as bad as leg day itself. If you skip leg day, everyone makes fun of you and mocks your so-called "chicken legs". Unfortunately, I have skipped A LOT of leg days recently, and it has been detrimental.

Leg Day Meme from Google
However, I am not alone in my sorrow and remorse in the death of my leg muscles. My best friend/roommate, Caitlin, is having a similar issue. She looked at her legs in the mirror and said "OH HELL NO!" So she wanted to tag along to the gym with me. Also, Emily (whom you all know and love) came to the gym too because friends do not let friends skip leg day. No friend of mine will be left behind.

I decided to wear shorts to the gym so that I could see my leg progress in action. However, that required a quick shave because my legs were still in winter mode. Also, it is FREEZING outside, so I was running to the gym like a crazy person with my bright aquamarine shorts. We were outside acting like it was summer, even though it was 30 degrees, raining, and 11:00 p.m.

When we walked in, we decided to try to do a rotation of the different leg machines. I decided to do three sets of 10 reps per machine in order to stay consistent. We primarily focused on the leg press, abductor, adductor, calf press. The leg and calf press are pretty self-explanatory, you just pick a weight a push on the machine to lift that amount of weight using your legs/calves. However, the abductor and adductor machines are a bit complicated and were pretty foreign to me until recently.

Adductor vs. Abductor machine from Google
The adductor works the inner thigh muscles, while the abductor trains the muscles to turn thighs outwards. I personally think the abductor is easier because you can put more weight on it and just push outward. But the adductor makes me feel like I'm prepping for childbirth. Having that much pressure on your inner thighs is too much for me. 

My favorite part of our workout was when we did wall sits. Basically, wall-sits are exactly what they are called. You use a wall to balance yourself as if you're sitting in a chair. To make this more difficult, we decided to each hold one 10-pound free weight on our laps.

When looking for a spot on the wall, Emily looked around the gym. Protip, this gym is crawling with cuties. (LOL) SO, Emily found the perfect spot next to this super handsome guy. 

Because of this, we had to make sure we looked like Instagram fitness models. I made sure my crazy bun was in tact and Emily smiled through the pain in her legs. Caitlin (the cuffed one), looked at us and laughed because we were actually making fools of ourselves. When he was looking at us, we thought we looked like this:

Fitness Model, Cristina from Google


But once he turned around, we realized we looked like this:

My beautiful bffs
Me in my natural habitat

























Once our sets were over, I  realized two things:  I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow and this is my last blog post for CAS 138T!!!! I loved writing these blogs and I hope my stories made you laugh a little bit.  Maybe I'll see you guys at the gym next semester!? ;)






Comments

  1. Natalie, I've really enjoyed reading your blog this semester; your gym adventures are just hilarious. I personally love leg day, but I also spent my high school career playing soccer, basketball, and running long-distance track. I am not fitness model, but I love the see some quad definition after a good leg day. I hope you keep up the adventures and continue to find new things to do at the gym. Lifelong fitness is the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss this blog so much! First off, if the gym was crawling with cuties I would not be near them. Mostly because when I'm working out I look like I'm dying and feel like that's not the way to get a man. Also I truly do hate leg day, I'm still suffering from my consequences of trying to become as I say "thicker than a snicker"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's me! Please continue these blogs. I love them and it low-key motivates me to go to the gym with you also. Yesterday was extremely fun... definitely would go again (especially because of cute boy (-; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Some Hotties at Pilates

I Study Medicine (Balls)